J. Kenneth Nesbit Student Success Center
We Further Student Achievement at All Levels
Centrally located in the lower level of Quincy University’s Brenner Library, the Student Success Center offers:
- Free tutoring services
- Supplemental Instruction facilities
- Focused support for both writing and math
The Student Success Center is also home to:
- Office of Student Development, which houses a large tutoring area, two supplemental instruction rooms, a state-of-the-art computer lab with discipline-specific software, focused study areas for math and writing, and ADA-compliant testing rooms.
- QUEST Center, which houses career services, credit for prior learning, internships, service learning, study abroad and undergraduate research.
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Tutoring from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Fridays 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Tutoring from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Saturdays 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Tutoring from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Sundays 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Open for studying, no tutoring available)
The tutor schedule and contact information is posted at the beginning of each semester.
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction is an Academic Support program that targets courses that students traditionally find challenging. The basis of SI is weekly peer-led study sessions in the Learning Resource Center or a classroom in which all students enrolled in the course are welcome to participate. The SI Leader is a student who has taken that particular course, performed well, and been recommended by the professor. The Leader attends class with the students to keep up with course content and progress, in addition to holding weekly study sessions. SI schedules will be posted at the beginning of each semester.