Returning Student Housing
Step-by-Step Process for Applying
Housing Selection Night will be on Thursday, March 19, 2020 beginning at 5:30pm in the Student Success Center.
In order to participate in the Housing Selection process, please reference the information below.
1. You will need to fill out the 2020-2021 Housing Agreement in your Student Portal in order to participate in the selection process.
2. Determine if you want to submit an application for Willer Hall to be connected with the new House System OR if you want to pick a lottery number. If your group wants to be connected to the House System, you will need to fill out the application (sent to your QU email) and set up a time to speak with Dr. Tracy. If you are approved, your group will be pre-assigned to Willer. Any Willer suites that are still vacant after this process is approved will be part of Housing Selection night. (Willer suites wanting to be connected to the House System will be approved & finalized before housing selection night).
3. If you are selecting a lottery number, you will be able to pick your number in Andrea Gruger’s office in the SSC beginning on Monday, March 16 to Wednesday, March 18 (9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 6:00pm). How you select your lottery number is based on how many credits you have earned to date (not including your current enrollment.)
- +100 hours & Grad Students – Group 1 (#’s 1 – 100)
- 86-99.9 hours – Group 2 (#’s 101 – 199)
- 48-85.9 hours – Group 3 (#’s 200 – 450)
- 24-47.9 hours – Group 4 (#’s 451 – 575)
- 0-23.9 hours – Group 5 (#’s 576 – 725)
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE OR SWITCH NUMBERS
4. Make sure you are present for Housing Selection Night, on Thursday, March 19, 2020. If you have a circumstance preventing you from being present that night, you will be able to designate a proxy to select your assignment in your absence. (Please reach out to Andrea Gruger; email@example.com for the proxy form).
5. On Thursday, March 19, beginning at 5:30pm we will start with number 1 and continue in order until all numbers have been called and everyone present has selected a space. You (or your designated proxy) need to be present when your number is called. If you have missed your place, but we are still in your group, we will honor your number. If your group has ended, you will need to pick your space at the designated start time of the next group. (We will only call the numbers that were selected. As there are 725 possible numbers available, there will be well over 300 numbers that are not selected which we will therefore skip over.) For your planning purposes, here are the estimated start times for each Group:
- 5:30pm – Group 1 (#’s 1 – 100)
- 6:15pm – Group 2 (#’s 101 – 199)
- 7:15pm – Group 3 (#’s 200 – 450)
- 8:45pm – Group 4 (#’s 451 – 575)
- 9:45pm – Group 5 (#’s 576 – 725)
6. Students looking to have a roommate or more will be able to use the person with the lowest (best) lottery number to select their space. All students requesting spaces that are not singles will have to have all members of their group available when the lowest number in the group is called.
7. For upperclassmen wanting to live in a campus-owned house, the university does not provide cable or internet services. The resident(s) are responsible for obtaining those services if they want. For 2020-2021, washers and dryers will not be provided in campus houses and the resident(s) will be provided access to the laundry room in Woods Hall.
If you want to learn more about 2020-2021 Housing Selection, join us for an information meeting on Monday, March 2nd at 6:00pm or 7:00pm in the SSC big room.