Agriculture is big business and big opportunities
This is a partnership degree, where the first two years are completed at a regional community college under an articulation agreement and the second two years for the Bachelor of Science degree are completed at Quincy University. The Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness degree combines theoretical and practical knowledge in the various areas of agriculture with business skills.
“Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
Through your classes, you’ll get a strong, big-picture sense of how business works, learn the ins and outs of agricultural practices, and most importantly, discover how the two work together.
As part of that, your classes could include agribusiness economics and management, farm management information systems, business finance, leadership, marketing and sales, environmental science, agricultural microbiology, accounting and business skill development.
Becoming a Leader
A FEW OF YOUR CAREER OPTIONS
- Agribusiness Owner/Manager
- Agriculture Operations Specialist
- Agronomy Salesperson
- Business Manager
- Claims Processor
- Compliance Analyst
- Financial Analyst
ACTIVE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Gain practical experience either in the classroom through the use of simulations, case analysis or other methods, or through practicum experience and leadership involvement in student organizations.
- Be able to communicate complex business information for decision making purposes.
- Gain exposure to international issues.
- Examine values through analyzing both theoretical and practical ethical situations, dilemmas, and perspectives.