Get ready for ... 2022 Commencement
The 2022 Spring Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 14th – rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the ceremonies will be moved to Pepsi Arena in the Health and Fitness Center.
On April 1st, graduates will be able to sign up for a specific ceremony until April 19th or until available slots are filled. Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, the number of guests will be limited. Each graduate planning to participate in Commencement will receive 5 tickets that can be used at either indoor or outdoor event. Everyone, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket.
All plans are subject to change based on state and/or local guidelines for Covid-19. All participants and guests are required to wear a mask. To ensure that compliance guidelines and capacity restrictions are met, fully vaccinated participants and guest are requested to bring proof of vaccination.
In the event of severe weather, graduates will receive an email and text alerting them of the location change. Graduates are responsible for informing their guests.
COMMENCEMENT PARTICIPATION AND STUDENT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS
- Participation in the Commencement ceremony is dependent upon clearance by the University Registrar following a review of your academic record.
- Students must be within 6 credit hours of completing their undergraduate baccalaureate degree to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- Students must apply for graduation by March 1. A $200.00 graduation fee will be applied to your financial account.
- Students who apply after the March 1 deadline will be charged an additional late fee of $100.
- All tuition, room board, fees, interest, library fines, and parking tickets should be paid in full by April 16.
- Exit Loan Counseling for graduates with student loans should be completed by April 16.
- No transcript or diploma will be issued until any balance due is paid in full.
- Diplomas will be mailed during the summer to each eligible graduate at the address provided on the graduation application. Diplomas will not be distributed on stage.
GRADUATION WITH HONORS
Graduation Honors are awarded to undergraduate students only. Students who maintain a cumulative grade point average at Quincy University of at least a 3.40 based on courses completed for a baccalaureate degree are eligible for graduation with honors as follows:
- Cum Laude 3.40 to 3.54 GPA — Silver Cord
- Magna Cum Laude 3.55 to 3.74 — GPA Gold Cord
- Summa Cum Laude 3.75 to 4.00 — GPA Bonaventure Medal
These honors distinctions will be noted on the student’s transcript and the diploma. All graduation requirements must be completed prior to Commencement for honors to be announced at Commencement.
Refer to the Academic Catalog, page 18, for more details.
HONOR CORDS AND STOLES
Honor cords are worn by those who graduate with University honors, as noted above. Cords are also worn by members of academic honor societies and/or the Honors Program.
All undergraduates wear stoles that have the QU seal. Those who have completed their nursing degree through Blessing-Reiman College of Nursing and Health Sciences will wear a stole with both the QU and BRCN seals. Undergraduates affiliated with a Greek organization that meets academic standards for membership may wear a stole representing a fraternity or sorority.
The stoles and cords noted here are approved by the University and are the only ones allowed to be worn at Commencement.
The Honors Program promotes academic excellence through critical thinking, original research, exceptional writing, and public presentation of scholarship. Those students who have completed the Quincy University Honors Program will be announced at Commencement. Completion of the Honors Program will be noted on the student’s transcript.
- Refer to the Academic Catalog, page 22, for more details.
TICKETS & SEATING
- Each graduate planning to participate in Commencement will receive 5 tickets.
- No tickets will be mailed. Graduates may pick up tickets along with their caps and gowns in the Bookstore (lower level of the Student Center) beginning at noon on Monday, May 3 during business hours (see under “Caps and Gowns”).
- Everyone, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket to gain entry into QU Stadium or Pepsi Arena for the Commencement ceremony.
CAPS AND GOWNS
- Academic apparel order information is submitted through the Graduation Application.
- All caps and gowns will be available to be picked up with your tickets beginning at noon on Monday, May 3, in the Bookstore during business hours. Pick up times are:
Monday May 3 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday May 4 – 6 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday May 7 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The $200.00 graduation fee includes the cost of the diploma and cover, mailing fees, administrative costs, and other expenses associated with graduation. All graduates are listed in the Commencement program and all graduates must pay the fee, regardless of attendance at the ceremony.
LIFETOUCH SPECIAL EVENTS PHOTOGRAPHY
Click here to order photos taken during the Commencement ceremony from Lifetouch Photography.
ORDER QU GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS AND DIPLOMA FRAMES
- Click here and select “Quincy University” from the list, then the graduation date (only one choice) and then your degree.
- Diploma frames may be ordered from the University bookstore. Click here to order. Order as soon as possible to receive before Commencement.
- Click here to order a class ring from the University Bookstore.
GRADUATION NEWS RELEASE
- The Office of Community Relations (Francis Hall, Rm. B-37) will release a list of graduates to each student’s hometown newspaper.
- If you wish to opt-out of this news release OR have your graduation announcement published to another hometown/community newspaper, please contact the Office of Community Relations at email@example.com.
- Some area hotels extend a special rate for families attending Commencement Weekend. Please make sure to mention QU Commencement when reserving rooms.
- For a full listing of area accommodations, visit the Quincy Area Convention and Visitors Bureau website at www.seequincy.com . Click here for a listing of local establishments, including hotels, that provide QU discounts.
Any questions regarding Commencement can be directed to: Registrar’s Office, 217-228-5432, ext. 3970, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding Commencement can be directed to:
Registrar’s Office, 217-228-5432, ext. 3970, or email: email@example.com