The Office of Student Engagement has been busy preparing for you arrival next month! Please read through the information below and take note if it applies to you. The HFC for our new students is located on the main campus, on Oak Street. Please enter in the HFC through the Main Entrance (the on campus entrance, not the Oak Street entrance).
Check-in Dates: All Check Ins are located in the Health and Fitness Center
Sat. August 4: (11am-2pm)
- 11-12: Women’s Volleyball
- 12-1: Football Returners
- 1-2: New Football Players
Sun. August 12: (11am-2pm)
- 11-12: Men’s and Women’s Soccer
- 12-1: Cross Country, Golf, Greek Life
- 1-2: Band, Cheer, Dance, Early Arrival Approvals
Thurs. August 16: (9am-12pm)
- First Year Students (Including First Year Commuters)
- Sophomore Nursing Students
Sun. August 19: (10am-1pm)
- Returning Students (Residential and Commuter)
- Transfer Students (Including Commuters)
- On-Campus Learning Graduate Students
- On-Campus Part-time Students
- On-Campus Professional Studies
Returning Commuter Students:
This year all commuter students (excluding first year student commuters) will need to come to the August 19 , 2018, (10am – 1pm), check-in date. There will not be an opportunity to check-in via phone.
First Year and Transfer Orientations:
- First-year students, Orientation Weekend begins with check-in on Thursday, August 16th and ends Monday, August 20th. Please visit this link for a schedule of your weekend First-year students schedule.
- For transfer students, Orientation Weekend begins with check-in on Sunday, August 19th and ends Monday, August 20th. Please visit this link for a schedule of your weekend Transfer-student schedule.
For students who need to move in earlier than their scheduled move-in date, please email Dr. Tracy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students who need to move in earlier than their scheduled move-in date, you will qualify for early arrival housing if:
- You apply for early arrival housing with at least ten (10) business days’ notice; and,
- You have completed a housing application and been assigned housing in the residence halls; and,
- You have filled out your FAFSA and have completed FAFSA verification or contacted Financial Services to inform them you will not be filing an FAFSA; and
- There are no administrative holds on your student account (Business Office, Financial Aid, Transcript or Immunization); and
- Your early arrival to campus is due to a valid academic, family or travel issue.
There will be a $75 charge per night for an early arrival that does not meet all of the criteria. If you arrive at the campus outside of an APPROVED check-in time or date listed above, there will be a $200 improper check in fee applied to your account, as well as a $75 fee per night. If you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible.
It will NOT be possible to provide accommodations before August 13th or in cases where fewer than ten days’ notice is provided. All requests are subject to assigned space availability. If the academic year space is not ready by the requested move-in date due to construction, summer housing needs, or maintenance and housekeeping concerns, we may not be able to approve the request. You will receive an email from the Office of Residence Life about the status of your request.
Meal plans are not activated until Sunday, August 19, 2018. Residents who choose to arrive early will not be able to use a meal plan at any of the on-campus locations. Plan accordingly to have extra funds available for this period.
Move In Information:
When arriving at campus, students must attend their respective check in process in the Health and Fitness Center unless otherwise directed by Residence Life. The check-in entrance will be located on the North Entrance side of the facility.
If arrival is outside of business hours and or check in hours, students cannot be accommodated until the next business day.
To ensure a smooth check in, please bring your QU ID with you. If you do not have a QU ID, you may get one that day or come on campus before check-in to pick up your ID.
Prior to Check-In:
Please make sure you have taken care of all responsibilities in the Business Office, The Office of Financial Aid, and University Advancement so that your check-in can be quick.
Also, it is important that you have any issues taken care of before coming back on campus, including any holds or any financial aid/business office issues. If you are unsure, please contact Student Financial Services, and they will help you.
We are excited to start off the 2018-2019 school year.
It’s a Great Day to be a Hawk!