Graphic Design Undergrad Degree
Contemporary Careers Through Digital Design
Central to being a successful graphic designer is a personal understanding of art. A strong foundation in studio disciplines is key to having an authentic creative vision. We have spacious studios, current Adobe software, and experienced award-winning professors; the necessary tools to lay the foundation for a successful professional career.
QU’s digital design curriculum molds traditional art methods into contemporary careers. Students revisit the basics, from drawing, design, painting, print making, photography and pottery, etc., while being introduced to the digital world of design. Mastering the critical elements of Adobe software, working directly with clients within the community, and exhibiting your work in QU’s Gray Gallery, the Graphic Design program takes you beyond the classroom and into the field. At QU, every graphic design major has at least one internship experience, with many having multiple internships in and around Quincy.
“Design is a formal response to a strategic question.”–Mariona Lopez.
Your Graphic Design Undergrad Courses
Digital Design Curriculum molds traditional art methods into contemporary careers. From pottery to 2D drawing, students revisit the basics while introduced to the digital world of design. Mastering the latest software, working directly with clients within the community, and exhibiting your work in QU’s Gray Gallery, the Graphic Design program takes you beyond the classroom and into the field.
The IN Crowd
A Few of Your Career Options With A Graphic Design Degree
- Website Design
- Web Developers
- Art Directors
- Multimedia Artists/Animators
- Publication Design
- Freelance Graphic Artist
- Professional Photographer
- Company Creative Director
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Desktop Publisher
- Learn More About Salary and Demand
Active Learning Opportunities
- Network at the Self-Employment in the Arts (SEA) conference through the Coleman Foundation for entrepreneurship.
- Work in the fully equipped design lab, darkroom and multimedia lab in the Coleman-Hughes Graphic Design Complex.
- Attend workshops and exhibits by nationally recognized artists in Quincy University’s Gray Gallery.
- Intern for pay early-on at area businesses to gain experience and make career-building connections.
- Expand horizons in junior year study abroad opportunities.