Understanding through education
Exploring the mysteries of the mind is at the center of this multifaceted psychology degree program. Each professor pursues a distinctive area of research and practice to guide into any path you choose. Helpful faculty and dedicated practicum courses will help you gain an edge in this important career.
“Studying psychology is fun because you’re always looking for the same things I think a writer should be looking for, which is the story behind the story.” – Chris Cleave.
From Psychology or Law and Social Psychology to Clinical and/or Counseling Psychology and Neuropsychology, students will learn the basics and complexities of Psychology. Whether it is in or out of the classroom, QU will challenge its students to become critical thinkers, proficient communicators, and skillful team contributors with your psychology degree.
Head of the Class
A Few of Your Career Options
The psychology degree often serves as a path to graduate school, which further prepares students for careers in:
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology
- Social Work
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- School Psychology
Active Learning Opportunities or Clubs
- Join the Quincy University sponsored chapter of the Psy Chi national psychology honor society that recognizes excellence in the field of Psychology.
- Join the Psychology Club, which sponsors speakers and social events, and members participate in community research.
- All Psychology majors do either a Research Practicum or an Applied Practicum at one of Quincy’s local institutions such as Quanada, Chaddock, and Transitions.