This web page is a way for faculty, staff, students, and their families to stay informed and to find support.
The COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation in the United States continues to evolve. Quincy University has been actively monitoring the latest information on COVID-19 and is taking all necessary steps, according to the recommendations of the relevant authorities, to protect the university community’s health and well-being. For the foreseeable future, we will be sharing regular updates on COVID-19. The page will contain links to all previous campus updates and resources on COVID-19 for the Quincy University community. Information supplied by Quincy University on this page should not substitute advice given by a qualified health professional. Please seek medical advice if you are worried about your health.
The most effective steps you can take right now to protect yourself and your community are to:
- Avoid contact with people who are ill. Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. (See CDC handwashing video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZw4Ga3jg3E&feature=youtu.be.)
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you are ill.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resource links:
- IDPH – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- IDPH – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- CDC Homepage for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Travel Guidance
- CDC Guidance for Healthcare Professionals
- CDC Guidance for Laboratories