The Quincy University campus will come alive on Friday, August 19th as freshmen and transfer students arrive for their Connect Weekend and Orientation. This year’s Freshmen class is projected to be the largest in more than a decade. Official enrollment numbers will be released following the add/drop period on Wednesday, September 7th.
QU Connect Weekend is specifically designed for new students to become better acclimated to campus and meet classmates, faculty and staff. As part of the weekend, students will be transported to Camp Eastman near Nauvoo, IL for a day-long retreat on Saturday, August 20th. They will take part in team building exercises and challenges as well as recreational events such as archery, canoeing, swimming and other sporting activities. Students will also participate in a service learning project to enhance the facility at Camp Eastman.
Returning QU students will begin checking in on Sunday, August 21st and classes start at 5:00 pm on Monday, August 22nd. Fall athletes are already on campus as practices began on August 10th.
See below for an abbreviated schedule for Welcome Weekend.
Friday, August 19th
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am – Check-In and Move-In – Health and Fitness Center
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm – Inaugural Ceremony – Pepsi Arena
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm – Totally Hawkward! – Health and Fitness Center
Saturday, August 20th
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Retreat – Camp Eastman
- 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm – Bonfire – Campus Ministry House
Sunday, August 21st
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Mass – QU Chapel
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Breakout Sessions on Campus Life
- 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm – Welcome Back Picnic – Windows to the Future Lawn
- 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm – Live D.J. – Lind Street Cul-de-sac
Monday, August 22nd
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Advising Sessions
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Work Study and Part-time Job Fair