QUINCY, IL – The School of Education at Quincy University honored its teacher education graduates and their classroom-supervising teachers and university supervisors at its annual awards and recognition event, Tea is for Teacher, on Monday, May 2, 2016, in the Hall of Fame Room on the Quincy University campus.
The following annual awards were presented at the event.
- The Reinhart Award for Achievement and Leadership in Education, Ms. Ashley Burton,
- The Dr. George C. Meyer Servant Leadership in Education Award, Ms. Brooke Cunningham, Quincy, Illinois.
- The Dr. Gary J. Carter Integrity in Education Award, Ms. Meghan Funkenbusch,
- The Crim-Campbell QU Legacy Award, Ms. Michelle Stegeman, Quincy, Illinois.
- Excellence in Elementary Education Award, Ms. McKaylia Large, Quincy, Illinois.
- Excellence in Special Education Award, Ms. Meredith Becks, Quincy, Illinois.
- Excellence in Music Education Award, Mr. Darren Lillard, Kahoka, Missouri.
The Teacher Education Program at Quincy University prepares teachers to use reflective decision-making skills to improve their instruction. As servant leaders, these aspiring teachers will use both content knowledge and pedagogical skills to give all students, particularly those most at-risk, the skills and knowledge to be successful learners. They will model the ethical and professional norms of education and be true examples of life-long learners.