The President’s House at Quincy University has been used for decades as a reception and gathering space for QU’s students, alumni, faculty, staff, and community members. Located on Chestnut Street, the President’s House is only a few steps away from five of the university’s residence halls.
A classic American bungalow, this comfortable, unassuming residence was built before 1950 and has been home to four QU presidents, including current President Brian McGee. Its large front porch and backyard seating are invitations to conversation and community, whether on a warm summer evening or a crisp fall Saturday morning.
The President’s House includes original hardwood floors, windows, and trim, a home that a Franciscan friar and retired professor once called “Quincy solid.” Some furnishings date to the time when friars held the presidency of Quincy University.
On display at the President’s house are several prints and works of art that depict the life and profound influence of St. Francis of Assisi. Some other art in the home centers on scenes from the City of Quincy and Quincy University. The local and regional artists featured in the home include Quincy University alumna and Trustee Theresa Spear and Quincy University Professors Bob Mejer and Karl Warma.