Welcome to the Art Department’s Art Talent Search.
The 2022 search for talented art students will be an in-person event at Quincy University. On Saturday, February 19th, current high school and transfer students from the tri-state area will be coming to campus to compete for significant scholarships.
As part of the School of Fine Arts and Communication Showcase, students in communications and music will also be joining art students in the day’s events.
Up to four top prizes will be awarded that provide, full tuition, which is defined as: “Full Tuition awards are computed by combining all of a student’s institutional aid – so they pay no tuition.”
Art Talent Search winners will be announced approximately one week after the event.
5:00 pm – Monday, February 28th
Scholarship recipients will be evaluated annually during the Spring semester. Scholarship awards will continue with the student during their entire time at Quincy University if:
Father Tom Brown, a Franciscan friar, was the founder of the Art Department, and completed many campus art projects including, “Windows to the Future”.
Saturday, February 19th
9:00 am – Check In (Francis Hall Lobby)
9:30 am – Welcome Address and Q&A (Chapel)
10:30 am – Campus Tour
11:30 am – Luncheon (Café / PDR)
12:15 pm – Art Department / Orientation
1:00 pm – Gray Gallery Conference Room
Review of submitted Student Portfolios*
*Student Portfolios need to be submitted online by February 17th at noon. See below for instructions.
5:00 pm – Estimated completion of student Portfolio Reviews
5:00 pm – February 28th / Monday, Scholarship Winners Announced
Apply Online to Participate
Students who are interested should:
- Sign up to participate using this form.
- Fill the form out and be sure to select the Art box. Then, upload your portfolio using the button on the page. The 10-piece portfolio should include a broad range of work that shows progression in art/design/photography during high school or college studies. A personal statement about the student’s art would be encouraged. Ideally, all of the images would be gathered in one document with notation as to what each image is and why it was made. Please, only one image per page. The Art Department will accept the following file formats: pdf, PowerPoint, or jpg files. As we will be reviewing many portfolios, the judges ask that your selections of artwork be kept to 10 pieces. Overall file size submissions cannot exceed 9MB.
- Your portfolio will be reviewed by the Quincy Art Department faculty prior to the personal interviews.
Online Registration for The Art Talent Search ends: 02/17 at noon.
Attend the Art Talent Search
on the Quincy University Campus
Francis Hall: Saturday, February, 19th Starting at 9:00am
- Participate in general campus activities in the morning.
- Meet current students & faculty during lunch. Over a good meal, chat with QU students and Art faculty. Enjoy the benefits of numerous door prizes including the grand prize of waiving all student course fees for one year.
- Beginning at 1:00pm, individual student portfolio reviews will be held in the Gray Gallery / Brenner Library with the Art faculty. Students will be assigned portfolio review times during the sign-up period and these will be verified at the 12:15 Art Department orientation meeting. Please be at Brenner Library 5 minutes prior to the start time of your interview.
Questions / Additional information
Professor Karl Warma
217-228-5432 x 3153