Opportunity takes the stage in this performance-driven program
“Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”—Anonymous
Go center-stage in front of an audience, in a classroom, or in-studio as our team of experienced performers and professors help you find a place in the spotlight. Students shine in small, technology enhanced classrooms and perform in the newly built Connie Niemann Center for Music.
Join the Group
All incoming students planning to major in music, music education, or communication and music production must successfully complete an audition before the music faculty to be accepted into the Music Program. Non-majors are welcome to participate in a variety of music ensembles pending successful auditions before the appropriate music faculty. Students in all fields of study are required to audition in order to be eligible for grant money.
- Music Education
- Music (Professional)
- Communication Music Production
- Church Music
Setting the Stage
A diverse curriculum supports your talent and expands your horizons. Special strengths are refined through private lessons while group performance enhances the overall experience. Focusing on music history, music theory, literature and performance, we supplement musical talent with knowledge, performing experience, and early classroom experience.
A Few of Your Career Options
- Professional Musician
- Music Teacher, grades K-12 (instrumental or vocal)
- Broadcast Production
- Film and video production
- Church Musician
Active Learning Opportunities
- Perform with the Quincy Symphony Orchestra.
- Audition for the prestigious Hugh Soebbing Scholarship with an award up to $6,500 along with other renewable grants and scholarships.
- Try out in the community for the Quincy Orchestra, Muddy River Opera, Quincy Community Theatre or Quincy Symphony Chorus.
- Join the campus Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Jazz Ensemble, Chamber Choir or Concert Choir.
- Intern as early as freshmen year at television, radio stations or recording studios.