Aviation Degree Program
Your Future Takes Flight In This Opportunity Bound Program
Partnered with Quincy’s Great River Aviation, this commercial Illinois air hub will become your classroom for an Aviation Bachelors Degree. With three runways and low-traffic airspace, students advance quickly in Quincy’s intimate and professionally led flight program. This is where you will conduct your first training flight.
“A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere.”
Your Pilot Degree Courses
Piloting Fun Facts
- Our Aviation students are in the air as soon as their first day of class.
- Learning how to fly is an investment, but enrolling into the aviation program at QU can save you a significant amount on the cost of becoming a professional pilot compared to other institutions.
- Being in the Midwest, students will be able to see and experience all four seasons of weather and its effect on flying.
- With a low student to instructor ratio, one-on-one time with flight instructors, airplane availability, and personal aviation attention is never in question.
- Being based at a working FBO rather than a separate building owned by the university, students have opportunities to meet and interact with real commercial pilots, providing invaluable networking opportunities.
- Students can conduct solo flights by the end of their first semester!
- Not only do you gain flight experiences that will last you a lifetime but fellow aviation friends as well.
- The Skyhawks Flight team allows students to compete in various aviation competitions with other top tier flight universities.
- The airplanes are maintained to the highest standard by highly experienced mechanics who have worked with the company for decades.
- Students have the ability to talk and interact with Professional Pilots on a daily basis at the Great River Aviation FBO.
- Students get the chance to fly to many major American cities during training.
- Designated Pilot Examiner on staff.
Playing a Key Role
Your Flight Degree Career Options
- Corporate pilot
- Flight instructor
- Cargo/freight pilot
- Agricultural pilot
- Aerial fire fighter
- Air ambulance pilot
- Air taxi pilot
- Military pilot
- Various positions with major or regional airlines
Active Aviation Learning Opportunities
Airplane flight degree students study at Great River Aviation through a partnership with Quincy University where they mingle with professionals and become intimately connected to the piloting world.
- Join the Aviation Club, a student-run organization, offering field trips, community service projects and other activities that explore the world of flight.
- Go to competitions with the Hawk’s Flight Team, an active member of the National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA), sponsoring competitions to improve flying and safety skills.