We're Here for You
Quincy Medical Group partners with Quincy University to offer students free counseling during the school year. Whether you’re going through a tough time, battling bigger issues, or just want someone to talk to, we’re here to help. Your mental health is important!
We provide services for:
- Anxiety and stress
- Relationship concerns (friends and/or partners)
- Worries regarding grades/major
- Family situations
- Adjustment to University life
- Other mental health issues
What to Expect: Your first appointment will consist of a mental health assessment to gather your mental health history and determine your goals for counseling. Next, you will continue counseling at a frequency that is right for you (once a week, once a month, twice a month, etc.). At Quincy Medical Group, we offer in-person counseling services on-site at 1101 Maine Street Quincy IL 62301, as well as telehealth options so you can do counseling from the comfort of your home, apartment, or dorm room.
Counselors: At Quincy Medical Group, we have a diverse team of qualified counselors who can help you with what you’re going through. After an initial assessment, you will be referred to a counselor that will fit well with your counseling goals, your availability, and your personality. At any time, if you find that the counselor you are seeing isn’t right for you, you can always change counselors. We know that not every counselor is right for every patient.
If you are interested in making a counseling appointment, please call 217-222-6550 ext. #3418
QMG Counseling Department Hours: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
In Case of an Emergency:
- Call 911 Emergency Services
- Call the Quincy Police Department: (217) 228-4470
- Call Quincy University Campus Security: (217) 228-5600
- Call the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text “HELLO” to 741741
- Contact your Resident Director or Resident Assistant
- Call Transitions of Western Illinois 24-hour Crisis Line: (217) 222-1166
- Call Local Emergency Room: Blessing Hospital, 11th & Broadway, Quincy, IL (217) 223-1200
- Call QMG’s Local Urgent or Emergency Care: (217)-222-6550 ext. #3433
Any questions please contact:
217-222-6550 ext. #3748