The Business of Athletics
“A common mistake among those who work in sport is spending a disproportional amount of time on x’s and o’s as compared to time spent learning about people.” -Mike Krzyzewski
Get into the field of sport management. Students learn the business side of athletics through event marketing, financial management, personnel administration and more. Through business principles that apply in all settings, you will become well-rounded in your knowledge and experience.
A business focused curriculum dives right into the world of management. Align skills with experience as you collaborate with QU’s expansive athletic department to help manage games and events.
Becoming a Leader
It’s all about connections.
Internship requirements link you to career connections. Local and nationwide opportunities open doors to your tomorrow. QU Sport Management majors have interned in places such as:
- Dolphin Stadium Grounds Crew
- Miami Hurricane Ticket Sales
- Rawlings Softball Product Design and Development
- Midland Rock Hounds Minor League Baseball, Midland, TX
- Special Olympics
- Quincy Gems
- Lusage Marketing
Your Career Options:
- Athletic Team Sales Representative
- Account Executive
- Event/Facilities Operations Consultant
- School, University, and Community Sport Administrator