Accounting - A Career You Can Count On
Accounting is the language of business. Accountants possess the ability to understand and manage finances; a skill that is essential to all organizations and individuals. Our Accounting program offers a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Accounting, as well as a minor in Accounting.
“Prosper in a dynamic economic climate with a high-value career in Accounting.”
Through our Accounting curriculum, you will develop a broad working knowledge of the theory and practice in this complex field and be prepared to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examination. In addition, you will have fulfilled the accounting and business educational requirements to sit for the Certified public Accountants (CPA) examination. Students planning to sit for the CPA examination can obtain the additional hours (150 total required) through a double major, minor, or continuing their education in our MBA program. You’ll also explore the core knowledge of Marketing, Management, strategic Management, and more.
Applying My MBA Experience
Nearly all Quincy University Accounting graduates find immediate employment in public accounting firms, corporate accounting, or governmental accounting. Our Accounting graduates have held such positions as:
- Revenue Auditor, Illinois Department of Revenue
- Director of Internal Audit, Controller’s Office, State of Illinois
- Internal Revenue Agent, Treasury Department, Federal Government
- Vice President, Northern Trust Company
- Vice President/Controller, Core Source, Inc., Elk Grove Village, Ill.
- President, BAS, New Jersey
- Treasurer/Controller, Illinois Ayers Oil Company
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Nevada
- President, Delta Health Care Management
- Accountant and Financial Analyst, ADM
- Credit Analyst, Great Southern Bank, Kansas City, Mo.
- Auditor, Deloitte and Touche, St. Louis
- Staff Auditor, Reliance Bank, St. Louis
Your Real-World Opportunities
Internships can help you explore the field of accounting and build your professional network. Internships may be completed on a credit or non-credit basis. Our Accounting students have interned at the following businesses:
- Gray Hunter Stenn, LLP, Certified Public Accountants
- Arnold, Behrens, Nesbit, Gray, Certified Public Accountants
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Gardner Denver, Inc.
- A.G. Edwards
- DOT Foods
Clubs & Organizations: Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (CEO), Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), and the student chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam
Our Accounting Program gives you several options to complete the 150 semester hours of academic credit required to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. For example, many students double major in Accounting and another area of interest, such as Finance or Computer Science. Alternatively, some choose to pursue graduate education, often through Quincy’s MBA Program.
For more information about the Accounting program, feel free to contact Dr. Vicky Eidson at 217-228-5432 ext. 3061 or send us a message: