Service Learning Requirements
Beginning in Fall 2010, all incoming first-year students at Quincy University must perform 30 hours of approved service-learning activities before being certified for graduation.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete the required service learning hours by the end of the junior year.
Students are also required to complete these hours in at least THREE different service activities.
Undergraduate students (excluding PDP students) who transfer to Quincy University must meet the following requirement:
Transferred semester credit hours:
0-23.9 hours – 30 service learning hours
(at least THREE different experiences)
24-47.9 hours – 20 service learning hours
(at least TWO different experiences)
48 hours or more – 10 service learning hours
(at least ONE different experience)
ALL SERVICE LEARNING ACTIVITIES MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY THE SERVICE LEARNING COMMITTEE
The following is a list of organizations in the Quincy area that have been pre-approved for Service Learning Hours:
- Good Samaritan Home – 2130 Harrison St, Quincy
- YMCA – 3101 Maine St, Quincy
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – 639 York St. #107, Quincy
- YoungLife – 521 State St. Quincy
- Salvation Army – Family Store: 425 Broadway St. Quincy
- Quincy Community Theatre – 300 Civic Center Plaza Ste. #118, Quincy
- Quincy Art Center – 1515 Jersey St, Quincy
- Horizons Soup Kitchen & Pantry – 224 S 8th St, Quincy
- Teen REACH, after-school program – 815 Elm St, Quincy
- Quincy Public Library – 526 Jersey St, Quincy
- American Red Cross – 3000 N 23rd St, Quincy
- Illinois Veteran’s Home – 1707 N 12th St, Quincy
- Quincy Humane Society – 1701 N 36th St, Quincy
- Quincy Catholic Charities – 620 Maine St, Quincy
- Quincy Park District – 1231 Bonansinga Drive Quincy
If there is an organization or event that you are interested in that isn’t already approved, email David Beuttel at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.