Student Welfare Intervention & Facilitation Team
The purpose of SWIFT is to holistically approach the care of students in crisis or students of concern. SWIFT will develop individual plans of action for each student that best meets the needs of the students and provides them with access to QU resources while maintaining the safety and security of the campus community.
If you have a student of concern that you feel needs immediate attention,
please call Safety and Security at 217-228-5600. They are available 24 hours a day.
- To idenfity students in crisis and intervene as soon as appropriately possible to best meet the needs of the student with available resources at QU.
- To identify students of conern and appropriately and rapidly intervene to preserve the safety and security of the student and the campus community.
- To serve as the clearinghouse of awareness concerning students in crisis on the QU campus.
- To serve as a consistent group that any member of the QU community can notify regarding concerns or issues of specific QU students.
- To provide support to students, staff, and faculty as they assist students in need.
Students in Crisis
A student in crisis can include but is not limited to the following:
- Personal health issue
- Family health issue
- Death of an immediate or close family member or close friend
- Dramatic change of economic or financial status
- Personal mental health issues including suicidal ideations and threats
- Academic issues/Danger of failing
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Any other issue/crisis that dramatically impacts a student's success within the QU community
Students of Concern
A student of concern is a student presenting with behaviors that cause concern for the student's safety as well as the safety of the campus community.
- Disruptive behavior
- Threatening behavior
- Verbalized or written suicidal ideations or threats
SWIFT will strive to best meet the needs of the students while maintaining confidentiality and respect of the student's privacy. This includes not divulging personal information to the person referring a student unless deemed necessary for the safety of the student and others.