The purpose of the Co-Curricular Assessment Plan is to provide oversight to co-curricular assessment at Quincy University. The plan will also ensure that Co-Curricular Student Learning Outcomes remain in alignment with established Cross-Curricular Outcomes and the University Mission.
Goals of the Comprehensive Co-Curricular Assessment Plan
- Identify and articulate co-curricular student learning outcomes.
- Conduct systematic and regular assessment of co-curricular student learning outcomes.
- Manage system for reporting, storing, and disseminating assessment results.
- Conduct annual co-curricular program review utilizing assessment results.
- Utilize assessment results in decision making processes as appropriate.
Co-Curricular Student Learning Outcomes
These outcomes will guide student learning and assessment in the co-curricular areas of the University.
- Students will articulate, reflect upon, and demonstrate an understanding of Franciscan values and awareness.
- Students will demonstrate respect for peers and the environment.
- Students will demonstrate responsibility and respect for self.
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of and the ability to participate in positive personal and professional relationships.
- Students will articulate, reflect upon, and demonstrate leadership skills.
Areas Included: Areas within the purview of the Co-Curricular Assessment Plan include Academic Success; Athletics; Campus Events; Campus Ministry; Counseling and Wellness Centers; Dining Services; Multicultural and Leadership Programs; Residence Life; and Safety and Security.
Area Assessment Plan: Each area will be responsible for creating and submitting an annual assessment plan by September 1 of each academic year. The plan must:
- Identify at least three Co-Curricular Student Learning Outcomes the area will assess.
- Identify indicators within the outcomes they will use to assess.
- Identify programs and events that they hope will lead to achievement of a Student Learning Outcome.
- Identify assessment techniques they will utilize to assess the Student Learning Outcomes.
- Articulate a timeline for their area’s assessment plan.
- Identify programmatic changes made based upon previous year’s assessment data (beginning year two).
Reporting, Storing, and Disseminating Results
Reporting: Results of assessments must be submitted to the Co-Curricular Assessment Committee within two weeks of the assessment event.
Storing: Data will be stored using LiveText, Educational Benchmarking Institute Reports, and a Co-Curricular Assessment Share Drive. For assessment evidence and artifacts, items will be scanned in or otherwise saved to the Co-Curricular Assessment Share Drive (i.e. surveys, videos, etc).
Disseminating: Assessment results will be disseminated annually in the Co-Curricular Assessment Report. This would be a comprehensive report utilizing information submitted by individual areas.
Annual Co-Curricular Area Review
Upon completion of their area’s Annual Assessment Report, a representative from each area will present the information to the Co-Curricular Assessment Committee for feedback, questions, and clarifications.
Assessment in Decision Making Processes
As part of the Annual Assessment Report, each area will identify how they have utilized assessments results in their decision making processes and any programmatic changes made based upon assessment results.