Quincy University seeks qualified applicants for a the full-time position of Software Developer.
- Serves as a representative of the University and the department, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with members of the QU community and the public.
- Design applications and software based on user supplied requirements.
- Supports existing software systems written in PHP, Perl, and C.
- Develop new software and web applications running in a LAMP environment.
- Support for our Student Information System (Jenzabar).
- Document software (design and user documentation).
- Responds to development related help desk tickets.
- Works as part of the ITS team to support the University, solve problems, and advance the state of IT.
- Requires excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or related field plus 3 years experience (Master's Degree can substitute for experience)
- Experience in Unix or Linux development environments
- Strong programming skills in object oriented PHP and MySQL (LAMP)
- Experience with the use of PHP libraries such as ActiveRecord
- Solid understanding of databases (design and use) especially MySql
- Working knowledge of C and Perl a plus
- Solid Organizational and communications skills
- General knowledge of web server configuration and function
- Strong customer relationship skills
Send letter of application, resume and three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL 62301
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.