Institutional Research Analyst
Quincy University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Institutional Research Analyst. Quincy University is a Catholic liberal arts institution of higher learning in the Franciscan tradition, committed to preparing men and women for leadership and for the transformation of the world by educating them to seek knowledge that leads to wisdom.
The Director reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and manages a comprehensive institutional research program to support Quincy University’s mission, assessment activities, and strategic initiatives. Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and maintaining systems to collect data; producing statistics, analyses, reports, and reviews relative to internal and external requests for data with a particular emphasis on enrollment and financial aid (including but not exclusive to IPEDS and HLC reporting); planning and organizing regular internal and external reports and surveys; supporting the ongoing assessment of student learning; managing faculty and student course evaluations; and assisting in the effective utilization of data for planning, policy making, and program improvement.
Qualifications include a master's degree (doctorate preferred); experience working in higher education; demonstrated leadership in institutional research; knowledge of and experience in qualitative and quantitative research design, statistical methodology (including multivariate analysis), and database systems supporting research activities. In addition to the ability to work cooperatively and independently, the successful candidate will possess excellent skills in research and data analysis, oral and written communication, data presentation, and organization. Knowledge of or experience in methods of the assessment also are desirable, though not strictly required.
Quincy University is an equal opportunity employer. Screening of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, and current reference letters to:Office of Human Resources
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL 62301
Director of Student Success Center
Quincy University, a liberal arts university committed to academic excellence, Franciscan values, and student success before and after graduation, seeks an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as the Director of the Student Success Center.
The Director will manage QU’s newly launched comprehensive Student Success Center, which offers services in the following areas: Peer Tutoring (all disciplines), Supplemental Instruction, Writing Lounge, Math Lounge, Career Services, Internships, Study Abroad and Support for Students with Disabilities. The Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Career Services, and directly supervise over 30 Peer Tutors and Supplemental Instructors. Additionally, the Director will directly supervise the Assistant for Academic Enhancement, who currently oversees the Math Lounge.
The Student Success Center has rapidly become a hub of services and activities for students. The Director will have the exciting opportunity to take this well-established entity into positive directions that will significantly enhance the success of QU students. The Director will also have significant professional development opportunity by shaping the existing strong alignment between student success initiatives and the university-wide student retention and recruitment enterprises.
Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Hire, train and monitor Peer Tutors and Supplemental Instructors
- Create, maintain and monitor online tutoring scheduling system
- Communicate with students, faculty and staff regarding services available
- Collaborate with Career Services to support students’ professional growth
- Administer academic accommodations following ADA guidelines
- Regularly produce usage report and other statistics for the Student Success Center
- Regularly advise and monitor at-risk students and undeclared students
- Manage the university’s electronic early alert system related to academic concerns
- Actively participate in university-wide retention and recruitment initiatives
- Master’s degree in one of the disciplines offered at the University
- Previous work experience in an institution of higher education, at least 2 years
- Previous work experience in a tutoring center, writing center etc., at least 2 years
- Previous work experience advising students
- College teaching experience, at least one year
- Proficient in information technology beyond MS Office, email etc.
- Experience supervising others
- Doctoral degree
- Experience managing a tutoring center, writing center etc.
- Direct experience using one or more of the following systems: WCOnline, MAPWorks, Kurzweil, DragonNaturallySpeaking, LiveScribe Pens
- Familiarity with college student retention best practices and theories
- Experience with ITTPC/CRLA certification
This is a 12 month administrative position. Salary is competitive and dependent on experience and qualifications. Review of applications will begin on March 12 and continue until the position is filled.
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL 62301