Thursday, February 13 - Graduation Preparation Day
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm ---- Friars Hall, Room 204. All 2014 graduates are encouraged to attend. Click HERE for a checklist.
Commencement Weekend 2014
Friday, May 9 - Rehearsal / Champagne Brunch / Pinning Ceremony
- 10:30 am ---- Commencement Rehearsal for all graduates - Pepsi Arena (near northwest corner of 20th and Oak St)
- 11:00 am ---- Senior Champagne Brunch hosted by Alumni Services, held in the Main Dining Room immediately following rehearsal. All May 2014 graduates are welcome to attend. Guests are welcome at $10.00 per person. For more information, contact Alumni Services at 217-228-5432, ext. 3455.
- 2:00 pm ---- Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, held at Madison Park Christian Church, 4700 Broadway, Quincy, IL.
- 4:00 - 7:00 pm ---- Senior Send Off BBQ for graduates and families in the Hawks' Nest and Student Center Patio. Meal provided. Cash bar available. No RSVP necessary.
Saturday, May 10 - Baccalaureate Reception / Baccalaureate Liturgy
- 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm ---- University Bookstore hours.
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm ---- Registrar's Office (Francis Hall, Rm. 130) open for cap & gown and ticket pick-up or any other questions.
- 7:00 pm ---- Graduates line up in Francis Hall's first floor hallway. Graduates are to wear gowns only (no caps, stoles or hoods).
- 7:30 pm ---- Baccalaureate Liturgy at St. Francis Solanus Church, 17th and College. Tickets are not required for this reception. Graduates will process in Commencement gowns from Francis Hall to St. Francis Solanus Church.
Sunday, May 11 - Commencement
- 8:30 am ---- Hall of Fame room open for graduates looking to pick up tickets and/or honor cords or ask questions about line-up, etc.
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm ---- University Bookstore hours.
- 9:30 am ---- Doors to Memorial Gymnasium will open. (Ticket required for entry to Pepsi Arena.)
- 9:30 am ---- All graduates meet in the Hall of Fame Room, 20th and Oak St., for line up. Enter through the east doors of the Hall of Fame Room.
- 10:30 am ---- Commencement ceremony. (Ticket required for entry to Pepsi Arena.)
- Closed circuit broadcast of ceremony in the Health & Fitness Center three-court area (Overflow seating area - No ticket required.)
- Reception immediately following ceremony in the Health and Fitness Center's three-court area.
Commencement Participation and Student Financial Accounts
- Particpation in the Commencement ceremony is dependent upon clearance by the University Registrar following a review of your academic record.
- Students must be within 6 credit hours of completing their undergraduate baccalaureate degree to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- Students must apply for graduation by February 14, 2014. A $150.00 graduation fee will be applied to your financial account.
- Students who apply after the February 14, 2014 deadline will be charged an additional late fee of $100.
- Degree candidates with a balance due will not be allowed to participate in Commencement. All tuition, room, board, fees, interest, library fines, and parking tickets must be paid in full.
- No transcript or diploma will be issued until the balance is paid in full.
- Diplomas will be mailed during the summer to each graduate at the address provided on the graduation application. Diplomas will not be distributed on stage.
Graduation with Honors
Graduation Honors are awarded to undergraduate students only. Students who maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.40 based on ALL courses completed for a baccalaureate degree are eligible for graduation with honors as follows:
- Cum Laude–3.40 to 3.54 gpa Receives Silver Cords
- Magna Cum Laude–3.55-3.74 Receives Gold Cords
- Summa Cum Laude–3.75 to 4.00 Receives Bonaventure Medal
These honors distinctions will be noted on the student's transcript and the diploma. Transfer students must have a minimum of a 3.40 at Quincy University to be considered for graduation with honors. Also for transfer students, graduation with honors is calculated based on the total college work of both Quincy University and all other institutions attended. All graduation requirements must be completed prior to Commencement for honors to be announced at Commencement.
The Honors Program promotes academic excellence through critical thinking, original research, exceptional writing, and public presentation of scholarship. Those students who have completed the Quincy University Honors Program will be announced at Commencement. Completion of the Honors Program will be noted on the student's transcript and diploma.
Tickets & Seating
- Each degree candidate will receive four tickets for the Commencement ceremony.
- A limited number of extra tickets will be available online through Moodle beginning at 8:00 am on April 1, 2014. To request extra tickets, log on to your Moodle account. Candidates may request up to an additional two tickets each. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis and there are a limited number available.
- No tickets will be mailed. Students may pick up tickets along with their caps and gowns in the lower level of the Student Center beginning May 5 at noon. At the time you pick up your tickets, you will be asked to indicate your intention to participate in Baccalaureate and the number attending the reception. Students residing off campus may pick up tickets on Saturday, May 10, from 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm in the Registrar's Office or Sunday at 8:30 am in the Hall of Fame Room.
- Everyone, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket to gain entry into Pepsi Arena for the Commencement ceremony.
- Tickets are not required for the Baccalaureate Reception.
- Commencement overflow seating is available in the Health & Fitness Center three-court area, and will be broadcast on a closed circuit screen. Tickets are not required for this seating area.
- Reserved seating in Pepsi Arena is available for those with disabilities; please contact Mary Betts in the Academic Affairs Office at 217-228-5432, Ext. 3300. Facilities for both Baccalaureate and Commencement are handicap accessible.
Caps & Gowns
- Students may order caps and gowns online via Herff Jones by March 28 at the latest. Click HERE to order. Students are requested to mail their cap and gown to the default setting of Quincy University Bookstore, 1800 College Ave, Quincy, IL 62301. If you do not reside on campus, you may change the default to have your cap and gown mailed to your home address. However, please be advised that if you have your cap and gown delivered to your home address, it is your responsibility to have it available before the Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies. In addition, there is a mailing fee of $15.95. The Registrar's Office will not have extra caps and gowns available for your use.
- If your cap and gown is mailed to the Bookstore, you may pick them up with your tickets beginning Monday, May 5 at noon.
- The $150.00 graduation fee includes the cost of a cap and gown and is required even if you do not plan to participate in the ceremony.
Lifetourch Special Events Photography
Click here to order photos taken during the Commencement ceremony from Lifetouch Special Events (formerly Jolesch Photography).
QU Graduation Announcements
- Click here and select "Quincy University" from the list, then the graduation date (only one choice) and then your degree.
- Diploma frames may be ordered from the University bookstore. Click here to order.
- Suggested ordering deadline is April 5 for receipt before Commencement.
Click here to order a class ring from the University Bookstore.
Graduation News Release
- The Office of University Communications (Francis Hall, Rm. B-38) will release a list of graduates to the primary media in the surrounding Quincy area.
- You must complete the Graduation News Release Form to have your graduation announcement sent to a hometown/community newspaper.
A DVD of the Commencement ceremony is available for purchase through the Office of University Communications (Francis Hall, Rm. B-38).
- Some area hotels extend a special rate for families attending Commencement Weekend. Please make sure to mention QU Commencement when reserving rooms.
- For a listing of area accommodations, visit the Quincy Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau website at www.seequincy.com.
Any questions regarding Commencement can be directed to: