Campus Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program has been established by the Department of Education to assist the student in meeting educational expenses.  Not all students are eligible to receive funds from this program.  If you are eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program, it will be listed on your Award Letter.  Unlike other aid programs, funds are not available to students until they have worked actual hours at an approved position.  The primary goal is to provide funds for school expenses and help keep student debt down.

Many students use the earnings from their work-study job to meet ongoing expenses such as personal and transportation costs.  Most students with work-study jobs work 8 to 15 hours per week.  This provides a paycheck of $132 to $247 twice a month.

It is the student's responsibility to find an on-campus job.  There is a job fair in August on the first Monday after students have returned to campus.  Once you have been hired, you will need to complete the following documentation:  Federal Work Study Student Employment Contract, Federal I-9 form, Federal W-4 form, Illinois W-4 form, Work Study FERPA, and a Direct Deposit Authorization (if you want your paycheck direct deposited into a bank account).  You will also need your driver's license (or state ID card) and your social security card or a certified copy of your birth certificate.  You cannot begin work until these forms have been completed.

For a current list of on-campus Federal Work-Study jobs, click HERE.