Discover Quincy University
Students transfer to Quincy University for many different reasons, but they find a common experience:
- real-world education
- a warm, welcoming, and values-based environment
- a friendly and active student body
Quincy's admissions staff will work with you to help determine how many of your previous college credits will transfer to your Quincy University education.
Acceptable Transfer Credit Basics
- Must be at least a 100 level credit. For example, an Algebra class must be College Algebra or higher.
- Cannot be a vocational class.
- Must come from an accredited college.
- Student must have earned above a C-.
- Some courses that transfer into Quincy University may not meet major requirements, but may fulfill elective requirements.
- Any class with a C- or D grade must be petitioned to receive credit with a maximum of 9 hours of acceptable course work; if the student has an AA or AS degree, the classes will normally transfer in automatically.
- Students transferring with an AA or AS degree from a regionally accredited college will satisfy all Quincy University freshman and sophomore general education requirements with the exception of the 6 hours in Theology; however, no Applied Science degrees nor an associate's degree with "applied" in the name will be accepted to waive general education requirements.
- Students who plan to take courses from another college while attending Quincy University must get prior approval to ensure transfer of credit by completing the Request for Transfer Credit Form.
- Minimum Quincy University graduation requirements include a minimum of 56 hours from a four-year college with a minimum of 30 hours being from Quincy University.
Ready to Apply?
You can transfer to Quincy University by applying online or through a paper application. Either way, our admissions staff is here to guide you through the application and transfer process. Apply Online or Download Application.
Meet Your Counselor
Phone: 217-228-5432, Ext. 3413
The decision to transfer is an important one, and Jane is here to help. She can answer your questions about transfer credits, college life, financial aid, applying, and more. Get to know Jane. [18.104.22.168]
You're Admitted! What's Next?
Congratulations! And welcome to the Quincy University family. We look forward to seeing you on campus and getting to know you better. We've compiled information to help make your transition to Quincy University easier. Learn more.