Quincy University's Biology and Biological Sciences program prepares you for a variety of future careers by focusing on hands-on learning and an individualized approach to education. Each degree includes many lab exercises, field courses, and opportunities to learn professional skills in real-world settings.
Quincy's small class sizes and mentoring by faculty members who hold doctoral degrees will enable you to tackle our challenging curriculum and exceed your goals. Whether you're puzzling over a lab experiment, pondering graduate school choices, or seeking a letter of recommendation that shows your individual strengths, Quincy University gives you the advantage you need.
Our program offers two four-year undergraduate degrees: the Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences and the Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. A minor in biology is also available. Within the Biology and Biological Sciences program students can follow a number of educational tracks or concentrations:
- Pre-Professional Tracks: Many students choose this track, designed to lead to admission to graduate school in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, or another health profession
- Pre-Physical Therapy Track: Integrates coursework in physical education and prepares students for physical therapy school.
- Environmental Track: Focuses on the ecological principles and environmental issues involved in our natural world.
- Secondary Education Certification: Offers a secondary teacher certification program in conjunction with the School of Education for students seeking certification as junior high and high school teachers.
- Clinical Laboratory Science [1.6.4] Degree: Focused on medical technology in collaboration with academically affiliated hospitals.