Your future takes flight in this opportunity bound program
Partnered with Quincy’s Great River Aviation, this commercial air hub will become your classroom for a Aviation Degree. With three runways and low-traffic airspace, students advance quickly in Quincy’s intimate and professionally led Aviation program.
“A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere.”
Your Aviation Degree Courses
Aviation Fun Facts
- Our Aviation students are in the air as soon as their first day class.
- Being in the Midwest, students will be able to see and experience all four seasons of weather and its effect on flying.
- With a low student to instructor ratio, one on one time with instructors, airplane availability, and personal attention is never in question.
- Being based at a working FBO rather than a separate building owned by the university, students have opportunities to meet and interact with real commercial pilots, providing invaluable networking opportunities.
- Students can solo by the end of their first semester!
- Not only do you gain flight experiences that will last you a lifetime but friends as well.
- The Skyhawks Flight team allows students to compete in various aviation competitions with other top tier aviation universities.
- The airplanes are maintained to the highest standard by highly experienced mechanics who have worked with the company for decades.
- Students have the ability to talk and interact with Professional Pilots on a daily basis at the Great River Aviation FBO.
- Students get the chance to fly to many major American cities during training.
Playing a Key Role
Your Career Options
- Corporate pilot
- Flight instructor
- Cargo/freight pilot
- Agricultural pilot
- Aerial fire fighter
- Air ambulance pilot
- Air taxi pilot
- Military pilot
- Various positions with major or regional airlines
Active Learning Opportunities
Aviation degree students study at Great River Aviation through a partnership with Quincy University where they mingle with professionals and become intimately connected to the aviation world.
- Join the Aviation Club, a student-run organization, offering field trips, community service projects and other activities that explore the world of flight.
- Go to competitions with the Hawk’s Flight Team, an active member of the National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA), sponsoring competitions to improve flying and safety skills.