Enriched learning through literary tradition.
Centuries of inspiration will guide your future as you explore literary classics. Students write their own success stories while led by published professionals. A career in publication, a pursuit to teach, or a running board to law school, the English program is a door to opportunity.
“The English Major: In love with language and in love with life…”—Mark Edmundson, “The Ideal English Major”
Also Offering Minors in:
Covering courses in periods of literature, in writing, and in teaching, this program invites you to explore the English language. From Composition to Shakespeare to memoir writing, curriculum challenges students to become English experts.
The IN Crowd
Your Career Options
- Speech Writer
- Public Relations
- English teacher
- Law School
- Public or private English teacher
Active Learning Opportunities
- Professional Development School (PDS) model for the teaching pursuant. From your first Education course, you’ll learn your craft in a local public or private school, continuously connecting theory with classroom practice.
- Practicum opportunities at QU-TV, a student-produced on-air news media, and The Falcon, the campus newspaper, advised by Quincy Herald Whig editor.
- Internship choices at 125 corporations, many paid, as early as freshman year.
- Public relations for on-campus events with the Communication Club.