Contemporary Careers Through Digital Design
Individual flair is at the foundation of this intimate program. Get to know our team of award winning and nationally recognized artists who will guide you into this growing field. Spacious art and photography studios along with the newest software offer students tools to build their career by design.
“Design is a formal response to a strategic question.”–Mariona Lopez.
Graphic Design Curriculum molds traditional art methods into contemporary careers. From pottery to 2D drawing, students revisit the basics while introduced to the digital world of design. Mastering the latest software, working directly with clients within the community, and exhibiting your work in QU’s Gray Gallery, the Graphic Design program takes you beyond the classroom and into the field.
The IN Crowd
A Few of Your Career Options
- Website Design
- Publication Design
- Freelance Graphic Artist
- Professional Photographer
- Company Creative Director
- Desktop Publisher
Active Learning Opportunities
- Network at the Self-Employment in the Arts (SEA) conference through the Coleman Foundation for entrepreneurship.
- Work in the fully equipped design lab, darkroom and multimedia lab in the Coleman-Hughes Graphic Design Complex.
- Attend workshops and exhibits by nationally recognized artists in Quincy University’s Gray Gallery.
- Intern for pay early-on at area businesses to gain experience and make career building connections.
- Expand horizons in junior year study abroad opportunities.