- General requirements for baccalaureate degree. Student in the BFA program must complete 18 elective hours outside the major in addition to the general education requirements. These 18 hours should be a minor or electives in Communication, Business, and/or Computer Science. Students in this program also must complete at least 36 hours at the upper (300-400) level.
- Forty-two semester hours of art studio beyond the foundation studio courses of ART 111, 121, 131. Required courses include: ART 161, 221, 241, 251, 256, 265 or 323, 290, 312, 380, 390, 395, 480, 490, and three hours upper-level Art.
- Art History (12 semester hours): AHI 283, 285, 381, and 385.
- Support courses: PHI 391 Aesthetics (can fulfill a general education requirement) and COM 101 Fundamentals of Public Speaking.
- A senior year portfolio of artwork, portfolio of slides from the past two to four years and a comprehensive (ART 497) senior exhibition of professional quality must be presented to and accepted by the art faculty. This exhibition will be displayed in the Gray Gallery during the Spring Semester.
Requirements for a Minor in Art Studio: 21 credit hours including ART 111, 121, and 131 or 161. The remaining 12 hours must be at the 200-400 level and include one Art History course. Twelve of the required 21 credit hours must be taken at Quincy University. Declaration of minor must be filed no later than the end of the junior year (or after completion of 86 semester hours).
Concentrations in 3-Dimentional or 2-Dimensional Art may be arranged.
Requirements for a Minor in Art History: 21 credit hours including ART 111, 121, 131, or 161; AHI 283, 285, 381, and 385. Twelve of the required 21 credit hours must be taken at Quincy University. Declaration of minor must be filed not later than the end of the junior year (or after completion of 86 semester hours).
Requirements for a Minor in Graphic Design: 21 credit hours including ART 111 and 121. The remaining 15 hours must be chosen from ART 241, 256, 290, 390, 395, and 490. Twelve of the required 21 hours must e taken at the 200-400 level and 12 of the hours must be taken at Quincy University. Declaration of the minor must be filed no later than the end of the junior year (or after completion of 90 semester hours).
- The University reserves the right to reproduce student work, and to retain for teaching and exhibition purposes, students' works submitted for credit.
- The University will not be liable for lost, stolen, unclaimed, or damaged art work.
- Initial student expenses for art supplies may be substantial. Furnished materials vary from course to course, so prudent financial planning should account for this variance.
- A portfolio review is suggested for all transfer students.
- Students are expected to spend a minimum of 6 hours per week outside class for each studio course selected.
- Art majors are required to keep an ongoing portfolio from each art course for assessment purposes and their Senior Exhibition.
- Art scholarship majors must participate in the Annual Juried Student Exhibition and in local/regional exhibitions in order to maintain their scholarships.
The Gray Gallery located in Brenner Library has a professional exhibition schedule each year which includes exhibitions by nationally noted and regional artists, art faculty and students. The gallery program contributes both to the education of students and to the cultural richness of the University and the broader community. Periodically, visiting artists are brought to the campus.