- Completion of the Bonaventure Program and requirements for undergraduate degrees.
- A technological literacy requirement is fulfilled by completion of COM384 Principles of Audio Production and Performance and COM385 Principles of Television Production.
- All music majors must enroll in Concert Attendance (MUS070) every semester until five semesters are successfully completed.
- Communication courses (21 hours):
COM 210, 384, 385, and three hours of practicum (COM480/481)
Choose from the following (9 hours): COM 330, 361, 365, 387
- Music courses (27/28 hours):
MUS 070, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 and 310 (14 hours)
Choose from the following (6 hours): MUS 213, 214, 218, 311, or 312
Applied Music and/or Music Ensembles (7-8 hours)
- INT 480 Internship - Music Production (3 hours)
- 27 semester hours of Electives outside Music and Communication (9 hours at 300-400 level).
- A grade of "C" or better is required in all Communication, Music and INT courses applicable to the major.
- Successful completion of all components of the assessment program as outlined in the handbook for Communication majors.
The following courses are recommended as electives for those students interested in understanding and developing entrepreneurship: ENT301, 315, 331, and 497. Also recommended is ENG382.
Advanced Placement Opportunity
Credit for prior learning or life experience may be granted, at the discretion of program area faculty, upon review of a portfolio.