Improve lives and make a difference
Through Franciscan tradition of service, Quincy University’s Human Services program offers a deep perspective on this in-demand field of professionals striving to help others in their community.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”- Charles Dickens
From counseling theories and techniques to the study of group and family dynamics, coursework guides you into a deeper understanding of service.
These elements will be covered:
- Leadership in an organizational change
- case management
- statistics and research methods
- appraisal and psychological testing
- needs assessment and program evaluation.
What I Enjoyed Most
Active Learning Opportunities
The faculty of the QU Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences enjoy the respect of community leaders, and our tradition of collaboration through internships and practicum placements assures you of valuable opportunities.
Students in the behavioral and social sciences have interned at the following locations:
- Blessing Hospital
- Transitions of Western Illinois
- Quincy Public Schools
- Hannibal Regional Hospital
- Recovery Resource
- Department of Children and Family Services